header_image

Guide for Foreigners

Foreign Ownership

All property purchases require thorough preparation and due diligence, according to Thai Law. We at  AD ASIA Real Estate and  “AD ASIA Consulting”  are here to guide you through that process.

 

Mortgage Financing

Getting a mortgage to finance your purchase of property in Thailand is possible. There are different finance options for Foreigners in Thailand.

 

  • Thai Bank Financing

Top Thailand banks are normally lending money to foreigners. All you need to do is to submit proof documents of cash flow, tax returns, and other requirements to qualify for this arrangement.

Currently, there are two banks which provide mortgage bonds to foreigners. Those are Bangkok Bank and United Overseas Bank (UOB). These mortgage bonds are concluded ‘off-shore’ at their Singapore branch.

The home loans they provide to foreigners are based in foreign currencies. Your home loan/mortgage bond would be provided in either Japanese Yen, Euros or US Dollars. The interest rates also vary with each currency. Check the details and the conditions at the bank.

 

  • Developer Financing

This has been really common in Thailand for the past years. The funding directly comes from the property developer. Usual offers under this kind of financing option range from 2 to 10 years, and since the arrangement is made by the developers themselves, house buyers like you may experience a variety of payment terms. Therefore, understand your desired financial package before signing anything.

 

  • Financial Institutes

There are financial institutes offering their clients, with more flexible home financing solutions, in the real estate market case by case.

 

 

Property Sale Taxes

Foreign property Sale Tax is also required at the Land Office at the time of the transfer. This includes the following: transfer fee, business tax, stamp duty and income withholding tax. 

We are committed to providing accurate information, truthful and reliable services. Send Us an Enquiry

 

Thailand Property Taxes

Transfer Fee 2% of the registered value of the property
Stamp Duty 0.5% of registered value. Only payable if exempt from business tax
Withholding Tax 1% of the appraised value of the property
Business Tax 3.3% of the appraised value of the property if selling within 5 years. This applies to both individuals and companies.
TAX WHICH PARTY NORMALLY PAYS AMOUNT
Transfer Fee Buyer 2% of registered value
Stamp Duty Seller 0.5% of registered value
Withholding Tax Seller 1% of appraised value
Business Tax Seller 3.3% of appraised value

Send Us an Enquiry

Condominium Ownership Land Ownership Long Lease Agreement
Foreigners can own one or more units in a condominium that is registered and licensed under the Thailand Condominium Act.  Foreign quotas are allowed up to 49%, while the remaining 51% must be owned by Thai individuals or Juristic Persons.Send Us an Enquiry According to Thai Law, foreigners are not allowed to own land. However, they are able to lease the land with 30 years leasehold. Send Us an Enquiry
To enter into a long lease agreement, foreigners are able to renew the lease of the land until the maximum of 90 years. Send Us an Enquiry

Traveler?

If you travel please see our selection of rentals of villas in AD ASIA Holiday Homes.
01CrystallSandsVillaBeachVacation

“AD ASIA Real Estate”, a leading vacation home service provider, a hub of information for your vacation plan. Over 150,000 customers worldwide use our services. Our firm offers an ample variety of vacation rentals, both serviced apartments and villas.

.

Why Book With Us?

  • Thailand Holiday Home offers competitive market prices with various promotional offers.
  • Thailand Holiday Home is the number one in providing 24/7 vacation rental services, with a multi-lingual staff.
  • Thailand Holiday Home offers a vacation guidance where customer can design their vacation plan and choose exclusive packages.

See our holiday homes.

Social Share

facebooktwittergoogle_pluslinkedinmail